Eight Steps to Appeal an Assessment
- Determine the fair market value for your property.
- Determine the prevailing assessment level in your
- Obtain the assessed valuation of your property.
- Discuss the assessment with your assessor.
- Determine the basis for your formal complaint.
- File a written complaint with your Board of Review.
The deadline to file is normally September 10th.
- Present evidence of unfair assessment to the Board of
Review at the hearing.
- Appeal the Board of Review's decision to
the State Property Tax Appeal Board (in writing) in the
event of an unsatisfactory decision by the Board of Review,
or pay the taxes under protest and file a tax objection in
For information regarding the steps in
appealing farm land or farm buildings assessment, contact
your local assessing officials.
(Source: The Illinois Property Tax System, Published by the
authority of the State of Illinois, Illinois Department of
Revenue, Property Tax Administration Bureau, 3/99)
Home | Business
| Government | Services
Online Payments |
Reference Desk |
The City of Wood River, Illinois
111 North Wood River Avenue
Wood River, Illinois 62095
This page last modified
All information © 2009 City of Wood River
Site Design/Development by